Thursday, August 19, 2010

The story behind "The Dash"


...resonating in the back of my mind were the words from a letter which had been previously routed around the office. It had been written by the wife of an employee who was aware that she was dying. I was so moved by that letter that I saved a copy of it and continue to live by her words:


Regrets? I have a few. Too much worrying. I worried about finding the right husband and having children, being on time, being late and so on. It didn't matter. It all works out and it would have worked out without the worries and the tears.


If I would have only known then what I know now. But, I did and so do you. We're all going to die. Stop worrying and start loving and living.



Her words stuck with me. Her letter made me stop and think. This is it. This is all we get.
~linda ellis
***********
In Christ, we know there is more to come....far better than anything we have experienced on earth and can even IMAGINE....
and so....
NEWS!!! I was able to attend a Women of Faith in Omaha....the theme this year was "IMAGINE". I take extensive notes wherever I go if I am listening to a sermon or anything that I know will enrich me for the better. I compiled the notes into a document....it took me over 9 hours to put it all together. If anyone wants a copy sent to them, please e-mail me at: debbie_demmers@hotmail.com.
Blessings this day.....debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment