Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Prayer" and Learning to ride a bicycle!

I have been doing some reading on "PRAYER" as of late....had a copy of Pray magazine....anyone receive this? I must have picked this up on the free table at the library and am thinking about subscribing as I get a lot out of reading about prayer. Would like to share with you part of an article that I believe may bless you as much as it has blessed me and something that I will hold on to in my life.....

"I tell a story about trying to teach my son how to ride a bicycle. I ran along the sidewalk holding him and shouting encouragement as he rode. But I noticed that he wouldn't really try to balance as long as he could feel my hands on his back or see me by his side. He would just lean into me and ride up and down the street at a 45-degree angle.

I gradually realized that he never would learn to ride a bike unless I withdrew. I had to put my hand on the back of his seat. I had to be quiet so he couldn't hear me. And I had to drop back so he couldn't see me. He got angry with me. He didn't like what I was doing. He felt that I was exposing him to unfair risks. He actually did fall off his bike and hurt himself a couple of times. But that's how he eventually learned to ride, and now he loves cycling.

God spoke to me through that. He said, 'Sometimes there are things I want to teach you that I want to be sure that you learn. But in order to do that, I actually have to withdraw so you can't see Me and feel Me the way you once did. But trust Me, I'm still there. In My silence, I'm not absent.' Jesus Himself promised never to leave or forsake us (Mt. 28:20), so even though He may feel absent, He is as close as ever."
~Pete Greig (God on Mute)

I so appreciated this reminder and word picture....I do well with a good word picture. So remember, even if you can't feel Him or see Him, God always has your back seat!!!! Love you in Christ.....debbie

Can go to their website.... www.navpress.com/pray/

No comments:

Post a Comment