Monday, September 13, 2010

The "Trees" are changing, and so do we....

Just as the trees are starting to turn and shed their leaves, I think something starts happening to us, too. We don't necessarily change colors and start shedding (thank goodness), but I think we start preparing inwardly and outwardly for the changing of the seasons. Oh, yes, of course, the putting away of the summer clothes, bringing out the flannel (my favorite material) and preparing the yards and the flower beds for a time of sleeping....inwardly, what do we do? Well, I sigh many times during these days.....things are dying all around me, it is a time that just has to be.....life has to die in order to be renewed and live again. God calls us to do this also, but He just doesn't call us to do this at the changing of the seasons....No, He wants us to daily die to self so that we can live for Him.
Another sigh.....it is an ok thing.....

1 comment:

  1. AMEN sister...transformation into the image of Christ requires dying to self daily, well, in my case, minute by minute!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete