Saturday, September 11, 2010

Longing for the peaks as I stand here in the valley...

Still using the internet at the library.....next week should have it back again at home. Have enjoyed though seeing the pictures on this computer and the thoughts they bring.


Helped and attended a funeral this morning for a dear friend in our church. Al was 80 years young and though, as Darlene (Al's wife) and I were talking about how it was not his heart that took him from us after all these years of having trouble there....it was a fall and hitting his head and over a period of days just not feeling right. Al went peacefully from this earth and into a much better place, the home that was meant to be his all along. I myself am longing for "higher ground" and do not like the view much from the "valley" time. I will miss Al, especially tomorrow as we all had such fun in Sunday School discussing our lesson....oh, the thoughts and opinions we shared! I will miss the humbleness of Al, a man who was so honest about how he once lived and how the Lord saved him and how he so wanted others to have what he found. Didn't know that it was at Promise Keepers that he had found his way back to the Lord and attended a few more times and tried to get other men to come along. Everyone is so busy. Oh, to see all men experience Promise Keepers as we women experience our gatherings! Spiritual men of God can change the tide of this whole world!


Anyway....as I am down in my valley today and pondering the higher heights, I know the Lord wants me to make good use of where I am. It is hard but it is what He calls us to do. Live for the Lord where you are! I have the privilege of singing for a couple trying to raise money to take a mission trip to Haiti tomorrow.....my prayer is always that God speaks through me as well as the others performing and that people are willing to look ahead and up to that higher ground of where we are meant to be someday....."Al, you have one up on us, for the moment....." ~debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment