Monday, July 19, 2010

"In the weighing of things, Christ brings the balance"!

The other day at work, a lady that I am helping sell some things on ebay for, came in and presented me with a couple of flats of stuff! I love stuff, sifting through stuff, finding treasures and being amazed! To know me, is to know that I am easily amazed, easily entertained....can be a really cheap date, according to my husband! Walking can be a date, don't you know!!! Anyway, I was going through the items, untangling jewelry and found a delicate Black Hills Gold bracelet and a necklace with her name on it and little momentos. Well, my heart beat a little faster as I am always looking at how I can turn things over and sell in the store....I had a moment of "she wouldn't know, she gave it all to me, I can do with it what I want" and then, the scale of right and wrong popped into my mind. It didn't take long (thank goodness) for me to put those items aside to give back to her and I did just that earlier today and she was so appreciative of this. I feel good and it was the right thing to do. That scale can get pretty heavy when we are leaning more the wrong way and I've got so much on my mind anyway, I do not need the "heaviness" of guilt! So, try and keep your scale weighted light! In Christ, debbie

1 comment:

  1. aaah yes, to view sin as Christ views sin...it definately requires the balance from His Word! thanks so much for sharing ... ;)

    ReplyDelete