Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Have I? Been in the Wilderness???


This devotion, well, it was a God moment to find it.....to put into words what I have been feeling. Still working on e-mails from Mark's cancer. I did find more from 2004 and going through my journals, I found entries I made sharing feelings, fear, frustrations, etc. I read and read and get transported to an earlier time, a difficult time, a learning time, a reminder through it all of God's presence and being "reminded" that I can find Him where I left Him because God never walks away....He will always wait ever patiently for me. I find comfort in this now.......
I was deeply saddened by an article I read in the paper.......at times like this, I hang on to the hope that only God can give.....we can't focus our hope on other people or things....."on Christ alone...." ~deb
New York---The homeless man lay face down, unmoving, on the sidewalk outside an apartment building, blood from knife wounds pooling underneath his body.
One person passed by in the early morning. Then another, and another. Video footage from a surveillance camera shows at least seven people going by, some turning their heads to look, others stopping to gawk. One even lifted the homeless man's body, exposing what appeared to be blood on the sidewalk underneath him, before walking away.
It wasn't until after the 31 year-old Guatamalan immigrant had been lying there for nearly an hour that emergency workers arrived, and by then, it was too late. Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax, who police said was stabbed while intervening to help a woman being attacked, had died.
Tale-Yax was walking behind a man and a woman on April 18 when the couple got into a fight that became physical, according to police.
Tale-Yax was stabbed several times when he intervened to help the woman. She and the other man fled in different directions, and Tale-Yax pursued the man before collapsing. Authorities are searching for the man and woman.
Lord Jesus, please forgive us. And at times like this.....I just wish You would come now. We humans aren't doing a very good job down here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment