Saturday, April 17, 2010

I found more entries......

Sometimes, what we grow out of takes work....like these flowers growing out of the bark areas of the trunk of the tree.....


And sometimes, we get to really sprout and blow in the wind!


Either way, it is beautiful in the end!!!

Good evening. It is late. Had a full day! I have spent most of this week going through Mark's things, his memory box, our notebooks of writing to each other, my journals and devotionals....and in the midst, I found more e-mails on Mark's surgeries......mostly from the first ones that took place down in Houston, Texas. I will share some of them, but feel that the Lord wants me to focus mostly on the last ones of our time in Arizona. So, when I get a chance to type some of these up, I will share them with you. I hesitate with all of this....it is hard going through this stuff but know it will bring good along with the pain.

Just sharing with you a quick thing I bought today....amidst all the busyness of the day, I picked up a magnet and it says......"I know I'm in my own world. It's OK, they know me here." Well, I like that, don't you? Whether it is creating or sharing with the Lord....I am ok in either world at the time, safe and sound.

Oh, one more thing....just have to let you know about the last thing I did today outside of my house. A friend of mine, Wanda and myself went down to the Senior Citizen's and shared in the celebration of a gentleman who turned 87 today. There was a dance, cake and food and best of all, great fellowship! I even danced two dances with an older gentleman. My husband didn't want to come.....busy with a project in the back yard. Yes, I told him that I danced with a man! It was such great fun! Sharing in a smoke-free, alcohol-free environment! And oh, if I have as much energy as this 87 year old fella when I am 87! Well, like Wanda and I agreed. Hopefully, the Lord will come before then......I don't think I will have that much energy by then! Lifting those 40 pound concrete pavers for the back yard project (getting them out of the trunk of the car today) about did me in!

Good night!

"Although my outward shell decays,
I'm inwardly renewed each day,
Because the life and power of Christ
Indwells this fragile jar of clay." ---Sper (Our Daily Bread)

No comments:

Post a Comment