Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mark's Journey with "Cancer"......

This is the first entry by Mark about his cancer....I thought there was some before this and will continue to search for those. By this time, we already had been to MD Andersen in Houston, Texas. Mark had major surgeries....a kidney removed, a titanium cage built to compensate for the lower vertebrae that had been eaten away by the cancer. I look forward to sharing with you all with mixed emotions. I do believe this will help me with getting busy with the book part. As I have been typing out the e-mails, the Lord has been bringing other things to mind. I ran into a gentleman the other day that shared how Mark had super glued two fingers together while we were visiting Redfield and a group of men from one of the local gas station hangouts helped him get "unglued." Just another one of those great things about living in a small town! Well, I hope you enjoy this journey as we walk it together....knowing it will be bittersweet. But there again, I never hesitate in reminding people that this isn't meant to be our home.....this is just the intro to the Great Story ahead!

In Christ's love, debbie

**********

September 20, 2004
Subject: radiation done...

Hello all

Just a short note. Radiation was done last Wed. Sure is nice not to make that trip anymore. Other than being a little tired, it was not a big deal. Sometime the first part of November, I go in for a CT and bone scan again. Every three months for two years.

As long as you all are praying things will be fine. Remember, total and complete healing.

Thank you all...
In God we trust,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment