Tuesday, April 20, 2010

On Being "Chosen"....by Ruth Bell Graham

A fellow blogger mentioned about being a Pack Rat today.....had to laugh as anyone who sees my craft room would accuse me of the same thing. They might even laugh "hilariously" about it!

I would like to share something from Ruth Bell Graham's book, "Legacy of a Pack Rat".....the short devotion is titled:

......On Being "Chosen"

In college we had long, lively, and inconclusive debates on "free will" versus "predestination."
Then I read where John Newton told of an old woman who, on hearing a group of ministers discussing predestination, said,
"Ah! I have long settled that point; for if God had not chosen me before I was born, I am sure He would have seen nothing in me to have chosen me afterwards."

Oh, the joy and comfort to know we were chosen before we were even born. We were in His mind because He considers you and I such a delight! Thank you, dear Father, for such love!


It isn't that late or early...."time" does fly, though. Please don't take anything for granted on showing love and appreciation to others. To loving them not for what they can do for you, but because everyone deserves love, love and forgiveness. I know it is hard. For me, too. I wear a ring with an "F" on it.....don't know if I already shared this. This ring is to remind me that I cannot practice my faith without practicing forgiveness!

Hope you all have a blessed week!











No comments:

Post a Comment